Sunday, October 07, 2007

Trust

It has been a looooong time since I last wrote about something. Been busy. Been lazy... but never been a dull moment!:)

I will write more. My promise to self. random rambles, grumbles, aches, pains, cheers and all!

**************************************************************************************

Trust - slowly, this is becoming the most important thing to me. Dont get me wrong on this, it was always very important but now it has become more or I understand the significance more. I have done many things blindly 'in trust'... I wonder if I will do that now. Am I becoming more suspicious? Am I losing it? I dont know but hoping some thinking and self examination will help.

- I tend to confuse friendliness and trustworthiness
- Quick to trust people (May not be completely gullible though!)
- Once I realise that the trust is broken, I find it difficult to confront and resolve the issue. It keeps running in my head for a while. Needless to say, I am grumpy at these times. :(
- Personally and professionally, I have had my trust in individuals broken. Personal : well, I make the choice and walk out. Professional : I cant walk out unless I decide to walk out on my job! So unfair!!!

This makes so much sense to me though Friedrich Nietzsche said this maybe a 100 years ago - I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you
well...

3 Comments:

Blogger vi said...

Hi Dooks!
Finally a post from you.
Trust is such a fragile thing...personally, not that of cynical/skeptical of people but I only trust (as in fall back) on my family and a very select few.

6:02 PM  
Blogger aria said...

Dooks .. i missed you loads! Welcome back .. and I hope you are staying ..

trust is such a tricky subject for me.. I have always been the gullible one .. I loved this line

"I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you"

However I am one of those, who despite being lied to again & again, end up trusting once again for the 'last time' .... and its never really the last time ..

12:39 AM  
Blogger aria said...

Belated Diwali Greetings Dooks!
Loads of Love :)

5:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home